REPUBLIC OF TURKEY MINISTRY OF HEALTH ISTANBUL PROVINCAL HEALTH DIRECTORATE FATIH SULTAN MEHMET TRAINING AND RESEARCH HOSPITAL

History


         Our hospital was established in 1952 after a five-year period of extensive work for the prevention and treatment of tuberculosis. The efforts of Naki KÖSTEM, the Postmaster General at the time who suffered from the disease himself, was invaluable for our hospital's inception. Designed by Architect Şekip AKAL, the hospital served with 75 beds initially, and MD Kamil GALATALI was its first director.
The hospital's transformation from a specialty- to a general services hospital commenced in 1954 with the integration of general surgery and internal medicine units, and it has been serving as a training and research hospital since 1983.
          Located in a large grove, our hospital currently serves with a 300-bed capacity according to the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health Hospital Quality Standards for Healthcare.